Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Lioele Real Vivid Matte Lipstick - cute as a button! :)

Hello lovelies!

Today I want to share with you a couple of really cute matte lipsticks. They're by a Korean brand called Lioele, who by the way have a lot of really good and really cute products (there will be more product reviews on products by this brand coming up) and just like with pretty much any Lioele product, the packaging is SO incredibly cute!

Here they are, my two Lioele Real Vivid Matte Lipsticks, in the colors #2 Milky Pink and #3 Peach.


The packaging/container

So let's start with that, the packaging. The lipstick comes in a little shiny black and pink box and inside the box you will find the sleek, matte, black lipstick tube. When you open the lipstick you will find the Lioele carriage and the brand name printed underneath it. As you can see in the pictures below, the packaging is very nice :)

These are the shiny black & pink boxes they came in. They have descriptions and ingredient lists in both English and Korean.

And here are the tops and bottoms of the packaging.

Also, the tube sort of "snaps" shut, so you won't have to worry about the container suddenly opening on its own in your bag/makeup bag.

The tube contains 4 grams of product, which - granted - doesn't sound like much, but it is very pigmented so it will last you a long time nonetheless.

These are the lipsticks twisted up as high as possible to show you how much product you get.


The colors and pigmentation/opacity

The Real Vivid Matte Lipstick comes in six colors: #1 Hot Pink, #2 Milky Pink, #3 Peach, #4 Red, #5 Lavender Purple and #6 Sandy Beige. I have the #2 Milky Pink and the #3 Peach (and I would love to try the #6 Sandy Beige next), both of which are really cute, girly pastel colors. I will swatch them for you in the picture below.

Here are a couple pictures with swatches, the one on the left taken in warmer lighting and the one on the right taken in cooler lighting. The swatch on top is #2 Milky Pink and the one on the bottom is #3 Peach.

I wasn't expecting the lipstick to be quite so pigmented, but is really is very highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. Of course, you can go a bit heavier with it as well if you're looking for a really vivid color, but you can just as well go lighter and just get a sweet pastel "flush" on your lips. You can easily get a very opaque color with this lipstick if you wish.

Before I always thought MAC had the best/most pigmented lipsticks but this one really does compare in terms of opacity. Also, although most of my lipsticks are MAC ones (and I don't even wear lipstick that often, or if I do, I usually mix it with a balm, I'm more of a balm/gloss/tint kind of girl) I felt I still wanted to try these because the shades are just so delicious and also I haven't seen many similar ones out there.

For the purpose of really showing how much of a pop of color you can get out of these I have gone a bit heavier with the application in the demonstration pictures. Usually, I would just apply them waaay lighter and then sort of blend with a lip balm (or sometimes a gloss).

And here are some swatches on my lips. In the top picture I am wearing #2 Milky Pink, in the middle picture I am wearing #3 Peach and in the bottom picture I applied #2 Milky Pink to my top lip and #3 Peach to my bottom lip so you guys could see the colors right next to each other for comparison's sake.

In the picture above you can see what the lipsticks actually look like on the lips. I did however have slightly dry lips the day I did this review, sorry about that. I was in kind of a hurry as well and I didn't have time to exfoliate my lips and wait from them to go back to normal color from the crazy-after-exfoliation-flush and as I didn't want to compromise the color turnout of the lipstick I refrained from exfoliating prior to application (and yes I am aware of the irony as I do think it's a bit of a no-no to apply lipstick, especially matte ones, onto dry lips :D but oh well). I hope you can still get a somewhat good idea of what the lipstick should look like :)


Staying power

In my opinion, this lipstick has a pretty good staying power. Granted, it's not the same as when you use a lip tint, but then again, no lipstick is. However, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by how well it stayed on, even after having applied lip balm on top of it and drinking water. Obviously you will have to reapply at some point during the day if you want the look of it to stay the same, but that's the case with any lipstick I suppose. I'm not really able to give you and estimate of how many hours it stays on in general, because I'm a bit of a food monster and I'm constantly eating, so I guess the staying power I experience is a bit shorter than for people who don't eat 24/7 :)


Consistency

The lipsticks are, as I mentioned, very highly pigmented and also matte and as the consistency is more on the heavier side (yet still creamy), you will want to make sure that the application surface - that would be your lips - really is nice and smooth. So if you do have dry lips, I would suggest that you exfoliate and moisturize your lips before applying this lipstick or you will end up with flaky looking lips, as the pigment will grab hold of your dry flakes and accentuate them. So make sure your lips are smooth and moisturized when using this particular lipstick (well, any lipstick in general, but usually the matte shades tend to bring out the dryness even more than shinier shades).


Price and where to buy them

I bought mine from a really nice and reliable online cosmetics store called RoseRoseShop, which you can find the link to right here. This is a Korean website, so you just go onto their website, pick out what you want and then they will ship it to you from Korea. The prices are very competitive and overall the price range is very very good. Also, the prices are shown in USD, which - at least to me - makes the whole shopping experience a lot smoother and easier. They carry a wide array of products and the customer service is also really good. Oh and one thing worth mentioning is that they offer international shipping and the shipping really is very fast! I've ordered from them several times and I have always received my packages in around a week or so and each time I have been super happy with the customer service as well. So this is definitely a website worth checking out.

But yes, back to the product, I bought mine at www.roseroseshop.com and one lipstick cost me $8.40, which is around 6 euros 35 cents. I think the lipsticks were on discount when I got them and that the actual price is $12, which is a little over 9 euros. However, I have seen these being sold elsewhere for a lot more, so I would say your best bet for getting a good deal would be RoseRoseShop. :)

All in all I would definitely say this is a product that I can recommend if you're looking for a very sweet and cute lip color, either a peachy one or a pink one. The price is not bad at all and the pigmentation is crazy. It has good staying power, the packaging is cute and practical and the colors are absolutely adorable. So I would say it's definitely worth a try :) The only thing I would recommend you really keep in mind though is to make sure your lips aren't dry and flaky when you apply this, because any lipstick - matte ones in particular - will accentuate the dryness and you do not want that.


Alright guys, that's all for now, I hope this review helped :) I hope you all have a wonderful week and please remember to smile, laugh, love and stay positive :)


xoxo,
Tanja

No comments:

Post a Comment