Saturday, April 27, 2013

Intro

Hi everyone! 

First off, welcome to my blog :)

Being that this is my very first post, let me introduce myself. The name is Tanja, I'm outgoing, down to earth and a bit of a goofball. I'm Scandinavian (Finno-Swede) and I live in Finland. I both study and work in the social field but I've also been modeling for several years, both internationally and domestically and I've always had an interest for fashion and beauty. I love spending time with loved ones, reading, art, good food (both cooking and eating), good music, traveling etc. I plan to make the main focus of this blog beauty-related posts, but I'm not restricting the content to that alone, so other type of posts may occur as well.

I speak 5 languages, but I will mainly be blogging in English and occasionally in Swedish or Finnish (perhaps). The other 2 languages I speak are German and Mandarin Chinese (not as well as I would like though - at least yet). I love learning new things and learning languages is fun fun fun, so hopefully I can better my skills, as well as perhaps learn yet another language in the future.

I like to spend my spare time (of which there - unfortunately - isn't all too much, to be honest) with loved ones and with my adorable little dog Dragon, catch up on reading, cook, eat, follow new fashion/beauty trends and look for new, interesting products to try out.

From my years of modeling I have come in contact with quite a lot of different skin care and make up trends, styles and tips, both from professional make up artists/stylists and through personal exploration. It's safe to say that I'm quite picky when it comes to what I put on my skin and I've tried a LOT of products from many different brands, so I have a pretty good idea of what I like and what I dislike in a product. As of late, I have also been making a lot of changes in my beauty regimen and as a result of many years of experimenting and finding some really good products, along with some not so good ones, I thought it might be nice to share with you some of my findings and experiences, hence this blog. 

I guess I should tell you a bit about my own skin type and looks as well. I have rather sensitive skin, so I have to be a bit careful with what products I use.  I have combination skin and light/light-medium skin tone with a yellow undertone (Caucasian, but not all to fair/pale), I have green/hazel/yellow eyes (depending on the lighting, mostly they're green though) and light brown hair. As for skin texture, I've never really had any major issues like severe acne or anything, but I do get occasional breakouts and also some dryness from time to time. However, finding great products has helped a lot in managing my skin and creating a good balance for it.

When I was younger I was more concerned with makeup than skincare, but through modeling - and also I guess throught living and learning - I have come to realize just how important proper skin care is, so although I still love experimenting with makeup, my skin care regimen has become a major thing for me. The better you take care of your skin, the less makeup you will need to make your face look great. When you take proper care of your skin, the application of makeup will be easier and more pleasant and the final result will be a lot better as well.

I will introduce and review some of my favorite products (both skin care and makeup) in this blog, so stay tuned :) I want to point out that these are just my personal opinions though, everyone is unique, so what works for one person might not work for another.

I hope you all have a fantastic day and remember to smile, love, laugh and stay positive :)

"People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."
- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross


xoxo,
Tanja






2 comments:

  1. Åååh ja ska sååååå börja följa din blogg finis!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Ramona, vad roligt! <3 Om du har önskemål om inlägg så är det bara att föreslå :)

      Delete