Sunday, April 28, 2013

Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil *Moisture* Review

This is a review of the Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil *Moisture*, which is a hydrating cleansing oil. There is also a Real Art Cleansing Oil *Fresh* for oily skin. The *Moisture* one has coconut oil in it, whereas the *Fresh* one has tea tree oil in it. I haven't tried the *Fresh* one yet, so I can't give you a comparison of the two, at least yet.

So, onto the review :) I got this cleansing oil a while back after having read some really good reviews on it. I had been looking for an alternative to the Garnier Simply Essentials 2-in-1 Makeup Remover that I was using at the time, and after having read so many good things about the Real Art Cleansing Oil *Moisture* by Etude House - and having great experiences with other Etude House products in the past - I decided to give it a go. Since it was winter when I got this and my skin was really dry and in need of some serious TLC, I decided to go for the moisturizing one, maybe the other one would be good in the summer.

I ordered the oil from one of my favorite sellers on eBay and it arrived within two weeks. As for the price, it cost me around $14, which is equivalent to around 11 euros. Personally, I don't think it's all too pricy, I mean it is more expensive than certain drugstore brand makeup removers you can find here, but there is quite a lot of product and a little goes a long way, plus, it really is very good, so I don't mind. There are lots of more expensive makeup removers out there that aren't as good as this as well, so I feel the price is good.

The bottle came in a yellow plastic box with the gasping Mona Lisa on it. I believe the *Fresh* version comes in turquoise packaging.

The packaging. As you can see, it's a simple plastic box with the Mona Lisa figure on it.


Here is the packaging from the back and from the side.





The packaging is pretty cute, and I like how it's a bit different since it's a yellow, translucent, square shaped bottle. Also, a big bonus is that it's not made of glass, so it's not very heavy and you don't have to worry about breaking it and having shattered glass all over your sink and bathroom floor if you were to drop it. The gasping Mona Lisa is a cute touch as well :) The bottle had a regular screw-on-cap on it when it arrived and then in the box there was a pump that you could replace the cap with. I really like that it came with a pump, as this makes dispensing the product so much easier and cleaner.


And this is what the actual bottle looks like. As you can see, it's still sealed with the screw on cap here, and the pump it came with is still in its little plastic bag.


The bottle contains 200ml, so that's quite a lot of product, especially as you don't really need all too much, unless of course you have a lot of makeup on, then you will need a bit more. But as for me, on a "normal" day, I usually have on BB cream, under eye concealer, powder and blush - and a lot of times, but not every day, eyeliner, some eyeshadow sometimes and mascara. To remove that, I usually use either one or at most two pumps. Keep in mind though that I double cleanse, so after cleansing with my oil, I do a second cleanse with a foam.

When cleansing with this oil, pump one of two pumps onto your palm and rub your hands together so that you warm the oil up a little and get product on both your hands and then proceed to massage the oil onto your dry face. After you've worked the product into your skin, take some warm water on your palms and apply to your face, this will turn the oil into more of a milky consistency. Once you have massaged the now milky product into your face properly, wash your face with warm water to get rid of the oil and the makeup it will have removed from your face. This will leave you with a clean and soft face.

I think this oil is really effective in removing makeup, it even got rid of my MAC liquidlast liner in the color "point black", which is a liquid eyeliner that stays put through pretty much ANYTHING (I will review that later on - it's THE BEST eyeliner I've EVER tried, and I've tried a LOT). It was very easy to apply and it felt very comfortable on the skin, there was no pulling or tugging at the skin, instead it was a very smooth application and removal. It got rid of my makeup very well and it didn't leave my skin feeling "tight" after I had washed it off and dried my face either. It is hydrating and it conditions the skin, partly I suppose due to the coconut oil that it contains. 

I was going to do some swatches with different makeup to show you guys how well this oil removes them, but I didn't have the oil with me right now and I wanted to post this review ASAP, so I will try to add pictures of that later.

All in all, it's a very good cleansing oil. Would I repurchase it, I'm not sure. Now, I realize that might sound a little odd, given that I have just been saying how great it is, but I have a reason. Turns out, I think there might be citrus in this product, and I'm allergic to citrus. After I started using this, I had a bit of an allergic reaction, HOWEVER, I can't be fully sure that this was what caused it, because I was trying some other new things as well, but I kind of suspect this was the culprit. Keep in mind though, I'm not sure it has citrus in it and when I was reading up on the product before purchasing it, I couldn't see citrus in the ingredient list. The thing is though, it does have "fragrance" listed as an ingredient and the oil sort of smells a bit lemony, so after having used it a few times and noticing these little red bumps on my face I got suspicious. It wasn't break outs, but instead these very small red bumps, some sort of skin irritation/allergic reaction, but not a rash though. Now, like I said, I'm still not sure if it has lemon in it or not, so if you guys have any insights regarding this, please feel free to share. As it is now, I stopped using the product and sure enough the red little bumps on my face disappeared, so I'm guessing this oil was what caused it, but like I said, I can't be entirely sure. I will however try using it again at a later stage, just to test if the red bumps will return or not, so that I can know if this was really what caused them. So I will return with an update on that at a later stage. Either way, this is a really good cleansing oil, and if it weren't for the little red bumps I got, I would surely still be using it. The cleansing oil I'm using now is the Hadalabo Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Oil with high purity olive oil. I will review that later, I'll just tell you this much, it was love at first use, that stuff is AMAZING!

Would I recommend this to my friends? YES, it's a great cleansing oil at a pretty affordable price and it makes your skin feel great, while still removing your makeup very effectively. However I will point out that it's always good to test any product on a small area of your skin before starting to use it full out, just to make sure you don't have an allergic reaction.

Would I repurchase? Possibly, yes, I just have to make sure the allergic reaction wasn't caused by this first. If the allergic reaction wasn't caused by this, thenI might. I am however really, really happy with my Hadalabo cleansing oil that I have now, so I don't feel like I'm looking to replace that anytime soon.

That's all for now, if you have any questions, please feel free to post them in the comment bar below and I will try to answer them the best I can.

Bye for now, I hope you all have a fantastic day and remember to smile, love, laugh and stay positive :)

xoxo,
Tanja

No comments:

Post a Comment